My second Fashionista of February, is going to answer some questions for you today. The stunning Sarah from Friday Is Forever, will be talking about her blog and a few things about Fashion! Here we go…!
1. What inspired you to start your Blog?: I’ve been blogging in one way or another since I was 13 – But over on LiveJournal! I joined a community years later where members used to share what we’d bought recently, and loved it! Then I started coming across blogs outside of LiveJournal and had a whole load bookmarked. Then one boring christmas eve, I just started one up on a whim, and I haven’t looked back since!
2. Why did you choose fashion?: I guess it came naturally to me – I only really became interested in fashion around the ages of 18-19 and I’ve been finding myself since then. I’m 24 in a couple of months and I still don’t really think of myself as having a particular style – I just wear what I like, and I like to document it and see the changes!
3. What are you top tips on starting a Blog?: I’m not sure there are any tips that I can give! I like blogs with personality though, where I can really feel like I’m getting to know the writer and can associate with them. I tend to avoid blogs that are so far out of my depth and reality , with the exception of a few.
4. What are your Blogging Targets for this year?: I don’t really set targets. I’m a full time student so the blog is not my main focus, though you’d sometimes think it with the amount of time I spend on my blog in relation to my studies (oops)! Perhaps reaching 2,000 followers would be a good target, that’d be awesome.
6. What trend are you most looking forward to working, this S/S 13?: Monochrome and stripes, definitely. Two of my favourite styles anyway, always have been!
7. Where’s your favourite place to grab a bargain and why?: I have to say, Primark! Their stuff might not last forever, but every now and then theres a gem that looks like it could’ve been bought for four times the price.
8. What’s your favourite piece of clothing, accessory etc that you have ever bought?: Probably my old yellow Karen Millen coat. I’d never previously, or since, bought anything from there but I’ll always love the bright colour and structure of this jacket. I also have an amazing military jacket from Zara with huge angled shoulder pads that seriously wouldn’t look out of place in a music video. (Image from Friday is Forever)
9. Who is your favourite designer and why?: I don’t really have many designers who’s work I follow, but I’ll always be a lover of borderline gothic Ann Demeulemeester who really pushes the boundaries of aesthetics.
10. What’s your personal style and what do you do to work it?: As aforementioned, I’m still not sure I really have a style! I suppose its girly, with a little bit of grunge. I’ll always be a ska kid at heart!
Thank you for those great answers Sarah! Just so you can get a feel for Sarah’s blog, here is a screenshot:
Are you a reader of Sarah’s Blog? Did you find this useful? Make sure to leave a comment!
(If you’re a blogger (Fashion/Beauty/Lifestyle) and you would like to answer some questions like this, make sure you Contact me. Or, click here to book your space and to advertise your blog at the same time!)
NOTE: APPLY TO ADVERTISE BEFORE MIDNIGHT UK TIME (21st February 2013), YOU CAN GET A MINI DOLLY PACKAGE FOR JUST 50p!
Lots of Love… Tolly Dolly Posh xx